Google assistant is now made available in Hindi language today. This means people can now give voice commands in Hindi to Google Assistant to get things done. Users can also ask the Assistant to tell them about their day, find the fastest route to work or set an alarm all in Hindi.
Google Assistant in Hindi is currently being rolled out for devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above, with Android 5.0 Lollipop, iPhone (iOS9.1 and above) as well as Android Oreo (Go edition) devices to follow soon.
Steps to activate google assistant in Hindi:
1. Press and hold the home button of your device until the google assistant appears.
2. Say ‘ok google’ and click on the top right corner of the screen where you’ll see a small icon.
3. Go to the settings and click on ‘phone’ under device category.
4. Scroll down and click on the ‘Assistant Language’ under voice and speech.
5. Goto language preference.
6. Select Hindi and Google will automatically start working in Hindi.